"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" setup_vep_x64_cortain_ssdb

this error appear from no where... its like a installation of a win update...  " The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable, Click ok to try again, or enter an alternative path to a folder containing the installation package setup_vep_x64_contain_ssdb.msi in the box below." 

and i have to click on cancel like 3 times... 

how i can fix this? 
Answer
Answer

Hi,

1.      Were there any changes made to your computer before the issue occurred?

2.      When exactly do you get this error message?

I would suggest you to follow few troubleshooting steps from the article below and check if that help you in fixing the issue on your computer.

Method:

Step 1:

How to troubleshoot problems when you install or uninstall programs on a Windows-based computer

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651

Step 2:

Put the computer in clean boot and test

Follow Step 1 in the link below,

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If everything works fine after a clean boot, you can infer that some third party services are causing the problem.

Proceed with the remaining steps to pin-point out the third party service. After you figure out the problem causing program, you may have to update or install a higher version of the program, if you seldom use that software you can consider uninstalling it.

Important: - Remember to put the computer back to normal startup follow step 7 in the link.

Please provide us with additional information. So that we can help you fix the problem on your computer.

Hope this information helps you.

Microsoft Answers

62 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 1, 2022 Views 172,369 Applies to: