Windows 7 and I have a batch file to copy files from 1 computer to another. It runs fine alone, but when I set it up to run in Task Scheduler it shows it completes successfully but nothing happens

I am running Windows 7 and I have a batch file to copy files from 1 computer to another.  It runs fine alone, but when I set it up to run in Task Scheduler it shows it completes successfully but nothing happens.  No files are copied and the command box doesn't appear.  Any ideas??

Running a batch file in Task Scheduler
Answer
Answer
Hello ITGIRL17,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Answers Forum.

Setup your task under your administrator account.
Then, go the folder with the batch file  and ADD the administrator permissions to full control for the folder and each of the batch files.
If the batch files has to write some data, then the target for the task ALSO should have explicit full permissions.
Now try to run the task from the Task Scheduler.

Also review the information from the following link and specifically look at Brian Vandemark summary of steps on September 2nd.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winservermanager/thread/d47d116e-10b9-44f0-9a30-7406c86c2fbe

Hopefully this information will help to resolve your batch file not running issue.

Sincerely,
Marilyn
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 17, 2019 Views 73,333 Applies to: