Applies to:
Rose_Wolf_16
Had this question 6
Question
Rose_Wolf_16 asked on

Installing BOWEP on Windows 7

I got a new Windows 7 computer and am trying to install my copy of BOWEP (which worked on both my Vista and XP). However I am getting the, "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." error message. I have already tried the Compatibility mode, with EVERY version of Windows and none have worked. Is there anything else I can do to get these games on my computer, aside from downgrading.
Vinod N
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Vinod N replied on
Microsoft

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers!

Unfortunately, BOWEP [Best of Windows Entertainment Pack] is not compatible with Windows 7.

Since you have already tried running it in compatibility mode, there is nothing much that we can do about it apart from downgrading to Vista or XP Operating system.

Regards,

Savan – Microsoft Answers!

yehuda2001
Found this helpful 0
yehuda2001 replied on

actually that is not true. perhaps it is not officially compatible with windows 7, but it does work. i had it working on windows 7 x86 for a while, but now i have changed to x64 it no longer works.
yehuda2001
Found this helpful 0
yehuda2001 replied on
i have a copy of bowep which runs as a portable, no installation required. it works fine on windows 7 x86 but not x64. if you have x86 and would like a copy, please feel free to email me at*** Email address is removed for privacy *** and i will send it to you.
PatrickDickey
Found this helpful 0
PatrickDickey replied on

On 6/20/2010 12:52 PM, yehuda2001 wrote:

i have a copy of bowep which runs as a portable, no installation required. it works fine on windows 7 x86 but not x64. if you have x86 and would like a copy, please feel free to email me *** Email address is removed for privacy ***<mailto:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>  and i will send it to you.

I would suggest installing XP Mode and running it through there (assuming you're on Windows 7 64-bit) as it doesn't seem compatible with the x64 version of Windows 7.

Also, you may want to configure your spam filters on this email account.  You just opened yourself up to a whole new world of spam...  They tend to harvest email addresses from forums and newsgroups, along other sites.

Have a great day:)
Patrick.

Smile... Someone out there cares deeply for you.
Have you updated today?
http://update.microsoft.com

Smile.. Someone out there cares deeply for you.
Smile.. Someone out there cares deeply for you.
tooterbugg
Found this helpful 0
tooterbugg replied on

please send it to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***
Betty1950
Found this helpful 0
Betty1950 replied on

I just got a new computer and it won't run my BOWEP and I am not happy. I would like to find out if you still have the stand alone copy of it please let me know if you do I would like to get a copy.  I miss not getting to play my games.  My email addy is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

Thanks

Betty

Betty1950
Found this helpful 0
Betty1950 replied on

I know you posted this in 2010 but do you still have BOWEP (Best of Windows Entertainment Pack) which runs as a portable?  If you do I would like to get it from you my email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

CharlesNeely3105
Found this helpful 0
CharlesNeely3105 replied on
I got a new Windows 7 computer and am trying to install my copy of BOWEP (which worked on both my Vista and XP). However I am getting the, "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." error message. I have already tried the Compatibility mode, with EVERY version of Windows and none have worked. Is there anything else I can do to get these games on my computer, aside from downgrading.

CaitlinDoucet
Found this helpful 0
CaitlinDoucet replied on

Hey there ! what does a portable mean ? see I'm not overly familiar with WinRAR and all that stuff...I saw you said no installation required, I would like to see how your file works, I have Windows 7 on a Dell laptop that is 4 years old