install itunes (Windows 7)

Prior to installation of Windows 7, I could not remove itunes using the control panel/remove programs.  The error message was "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable."  So I removed it by putting it in the recycle bin (nothing else would take it out) and windows 7 installed without issues.  But, when I try to install itunes again, I get the same error message or a message that tells me that an older version of itunes is not removed and to contact my technical support group.  As if I had one.  When I look in control panel/remove programs, there is a 160 MB file titled Itunes.  When I try to remove it, I get "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" and asks me to try an alternate path.  But there is no alternate path; it says that itunes.msi cannot be found.  Then, a new error message pops up:  "The installation source for this product is not available.  Verify that the source exists and that you can access it."

I've tried deleting all other Apple software -- quicktime, apple software update, applemobiledevicesupport. bonjour, apple application support -- but it doesn't change the situation.

Help!  I can't update my ipod and that is BAD.

Answer
Answer

Hi Laura1614

Your best resource for this issue is the Apple - Support - Discussions - iTunes  forums.

They support iTunes on all operating systems and are usually up to date with all known issues.

Regards,

Ronnie Vernon MVP – Windows Desktop Experience
MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

63 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 11, 2022 Views 16,492 Applies to: