** How to run Frontpage Server Extensions in Windows 7 RC **

I'm using Windows 7 RC 32-bit and Visual Studio 2008 Pro. Edition.  I want to publish a web project using the "Publish Web Site" tool in Visual Studio.  It starts fine and than errors out after 20 seconds.  The error is "The Web server does not appear to have FrontPage Server Extensions installed."

I found the following site, http://www.iis.net/downloads/default.aspx?tabid=34&g=6&i=1630.
I downloaded the msi file and tried to install it and it stopped.  This is what the popup stated, "Your system has updated that need to be applied during the next reboot.  Please reboot your system before installing the Microsoft Frontpage Server Extensions 2002 for Windows Server 2008." - I don't have any unapplied updates to apply.

IS there a download for Windows 7 that works or a work around?????

Thanks for you help.
Answer
Answer
Hello sloppyjoe21,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Answers Forum.

Please click here check out this article:
KB 945358  - Error message when you try to deploy a Visual Studio 2008 ClickOnce application: “The components for communicating with FrontPage Server Extensions are not installed”

If the article doesn't help to resolve your issue, then I recommend you post in the Visual Studio Forum.
Visual Studio 2008 is compatible with Windows 7. Click here to post in the VS 2008 forum.

Sincerely,

Marilyn
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 27, 2019 Views 11,271 Applies to: