error 1316 for install blackberry software

Dear all,
i am not able to install blackberry desktop software in any condition.
Firstly here is my computer config:
win7 ultimate (upgraded from Vista Business) 32bit
service pack 1
only 1 user profile with all admin privileges.

I  was using/syncing with desktop manger v5.0.1 without any problem over 2year. I changed my phone and new phone required latest version of this desktop software.
I uninstalled previous version as blackberry advice in their support website.
after that run 2 different registry fix/cleaner software to check and clean leftover regs.
I downloaded from blackberry web site latest v6.1version.
when i run the installer installation starts but afterwhile it comes error 1316(a network error occured while attempting to read from the file C:\windows\installer\blackberry desktop software.msi) and installation stops and rolling back process. 
after that i read all the forums related 1316 error but as now no any solutions. I can't install this software to mycomputer.
I checked almost every forums related with this error in BlackBerry supports but neither resolutions worked so far.
every time before I try installation, i am deleting all the files, running registry fix editor which is created from previous attempt. 
even i create another user profile with admin rights but also same result.
also i tried to extract .exe file which downloaded from server and copy&paste "desktop software.msi file inside of the C:\windows\installer folder but in this case i had error 1311 "source file not found:C:\ windows\installer\data1.cab. Verify that the file exist and that you can access it." 
even i places as well data1.cab file from extracted install folder and placed as well C:\windows\installer\ folder, but this time i got error 1334 which says "the file "a_picture_folder_is_not_reco' cannot be installed because fiel cannot be found in cabinet file "data1.cab" this could indicate a network error, an error reading from CD ROM or a problem with this package.

this package is direct installment from blackberry web site and it is 1 time solid and consistent download, so i don't think it can be something wrong in the installment package. 

i am almost out of option. i am reading some manual registry editing posts but i am not sure how should i follow. i will be really appreciated if someone can help me about to fix this problem. 

many thanks in advance. 
Burak
Hi,

Which version of software are you trying to install?

You may check the system requirements for installing the software given in the following link:

Now try the methods and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1:

You may run the fixit given in the following link and check if it fixes the issue:

Method 2:

You may put the computer in clean boot state. Then try to install the same and check if it fixes the issue.

Putting your system in clean boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. If yes, you may have to contact the program manufacturer for any updates or uninstall and re-install the program.

Refer the following Microsoft KB article for more information on how to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7:

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Note: After troubleshooting, make sure to put the computer to start as usual as mentioned in Step 7 in the above KB article.

Method 3:

I'd suggest you disable all security software and check if you are able to install the same.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Turn-Windows-Firewall-on-or-off

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Disable-antivirus-software

Note:
Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats.  In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this helps!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

dear Anannya,
thank you for your kind reply.
currently i am trying to install desktop software v6.1
but also previously i tried to install v6.0.2 and v6.0.1 as well but same error comes out.
my configuration seems OK.
only i don't know how to check my Net Framework version.
Microsoft® .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 or an active Internet connection

regarding your resolutions:

method 1:
i already tried fixit long before, but it didn't helped. still getting error 1316
also currently in my computer i have 4 different registry fix software have and after each installation attempt i am deleting all the files created during installation attempt and check registries as well.

method 2:
i put my computer in clean boot state as you advice and followed related KB article. so i disabled first all the services(except microsoft) restart than tried installing but same error 1316, after that i disabled all startup items restart and tried installing but still same error.even both disabled startup and services(except microsoft) restarted and installed but again nothing changed.
i didn't messed with microsoft services since these are too much and dont know what are they about...

method 3:
while i am in clean booth state i also disabled all anti-virus and firewall and tried installation as well, but nothing changed still have same error.

any suggestion ?
what do you think ?

thank you
burak 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I would suggest you to create a new user account  and check if the issue persists, follow the  link mentioned below:
Step1: Create a new user account.
Step2: If the issue does not persist in the new user account, try and fix the corrupted user account follow the link mentioned below:
Fix a Corrupted user profile

Hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

dear Anannya,
i already tried to create new user with admin privileges but also i couldn't install this software to new user account as well, same error code comes out (1316)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi BurakERCAKIR,

Do you have Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 installed on the computer?

If not, then go ahead and download it from the following link and install the same.
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=11895#system-requirements

After installing Visual C++ 2008 try to install blackberry desktop software and check if the issue reoccurs.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

dear Anannya,
here what is installed in my computer, it looks like both C++2005 and C++2008 installed, do you think this is normal to have both installed ?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

As long as it is offered by Windows Update there is no harm and it is completely normal.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2020 Views 2,070 Applies to: