Windows 7 installation stuck on startup screen

I tried to install windows 7 professional 32 bit and i was on the last stage of setup when my computer got stuck on the windows startup screen and doesnt move past. I then booted back to windows vista and everything worked fine.
Answer
Answer
go to ur system restore point, some bad installation had been done on ur pc , try registry cleaner that would work for u (removed) or try this
1. Turn on your computer into Safe Mode by pressing the F8 button of your keyboard before the Operating System Boot process starts.

2. After desktop appears, click the Start button on the Taskbar.

3. If you are using Windows XP, then click the Run option, and type: "msconfig" (without quotes), and press Enter. Or, if you are using Windows Vista/ 7, then directly type "msconfig" (without quotes) in the Search Box, and open it.

4. After the System Configuration Utility opens, go to Startup tab, and uncheck all the suspicious items, and click the Apply button. [If you don't know what to uncheck, send a screen shot to me with an email.]

5. Now, go to Services tab, and check-up the box "Hide All Microsoft Services".

6. Uncheck all the suspicious items in this list also, and then click on Apply, after on OK. [If you don't know what to uncheck, send a screen shot to me with an email.]

7. Restart your computer, and boot it into Normal Mode.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hello lbarringer63,

Do you have any USB devices connected to the computer when you try and boot into the Windows 7 installation?

I would suggest removing any devices that may be preventing the installation from starting and then trying it again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2018 Views 746 Applies to: