How do I find out what BIT version of Office 2010 I have IF. . .

Hello,
     How do I find what BIT version of Office 2010 that I have since it came on this purchased computer, but I have not actually paid for the downloading of the actual OFFICE 2010 program?  When I clicked on Office 2010, it takes me to a screen where I can buy it if I want it, but I don't get to run the program.

Secondly, I do have Office Starter 2010 which I am able to use already.  My real concern is which BIT version of Security Update for Microsoft Filter Pack 2.0 (KB2553501) to install.  Do I get the 32-Bit Edition or the 64-Bit Edition?  My Windows 7 Update process suggests the 32 BIT version, but I don't know what BIT version my Office 2010 is.

Thirdly my Office Excel Starter 2010 and Office Word Starter 2010 are Version 14.0.6129.5000 (32-bit).  Should I just assume that the full Office 2010 Program that I have pre-installed for Purachasing Purposes ONLY is a 32 BIT verison?

dragondaveWR
Answer
Answer

32 and 64 bit versions of Office cannot exist on the same installation of Windows. So if you have Office Starter 2010 32 bit installed, its more than likely the other apps are also 32 bit.

To determine the architecture of Office you have installed.

Open one of the 2010 Microsoft Office applications installed on your system.

Click File > Help

Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
How Do I Know if I’m Running 32-bit or 64-bit Office 2010?
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/24259/beginner-discover-if-youre-running-the-32-or-64-bit-version-of-office-2010/
Technician / Consultant

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 1,578 Applies to: