Error code: 0x80FE0000 when installing (past) Now: Corrupted installation file.

Hey.

So I was playing some games and my computer started acting weird and lagging so I restarted it sure enough it came up with an error. Hardware or software has been changed recently and will not work correct contact the matinance ppl if error consists. So i try to reinstall win 7 and keep getting this error code: 0x80FE0000. Any ideas?.

I figured out to install it to a primary particion. Now it gives me the error Setup cannot continue due to a corrupted installation file. Contact the vendor of your Windows installation disc or you system administrator for assistance. Any ideas...? or am i totally like.. "screwed"

Thanks,

Googlieeyes.

Answer
Answer
Hi,

The error you are encountering that "could not set the offline locale infomation (error 0x80fe000), you may
be trying to install onto a logical drive instead of the primary drive. If you have two hard drives on your computer, look and see which one is set as the primary and make sure you start the install there.

You need to install Windows 7 on a primary partition not a logical partition. Make sure that the partition is created as primary one.

I would also run some diagnostics on your hard drive and make sure you aren't having any problems before starting the install.

1.      Date and time is set correctly on the BIOS.
2.      You also need to set the bios to boot disk 1, instead of the required disk 0. You may contact your computer manufactuerer for making any changes to the BIOS.
3.      You need to disconnect any external devices from your computer, except Keyboard and Mouse and start the installation.

BIOS Disclaimer:
Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can causeserious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved.
Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

Follow the below link to install Windows 7 on your computer.

Also if you find any issues while installing the Operating system then you may follow the below link.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards:
Shekhar S - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.
Thanks and Regards,
Shekhar Sharma

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 17, 2024 Views 26,922 Applies to: