ig-girl
Had this question 7
Question
ig-girl asked on

Error 1935 HRESULT 0x8007054F, on Windows 7, when attempting to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Setup.

Getting the error below when trying to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Setup on my new Windows 7 laptop.  Have been trolling support sites and forums for hours with no luck.  Most info seems to pertain to Vista or previous versions.  The few posts I've found that are Windows 7 relevant suggest un/reinstalling the .NET framework...but no such framework is visible in add/remove programs or anywhere else that I can find.  Any thoughts?  Just got a brand new laptop and I'm eager to really dive into it...but not with this weird error unresolved. 

Full error text:

Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC90.ATL,version="9.0.30729.1",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",
processorArchitecture="amd64",type="win32"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x8007054F.

Andre Da Costa
Found this helpful 0
Answer

Please see the following thread for a possible solution:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7programs/thread/6cb25b30-f2ab-4e86-81c4-5c9b4c891c7d

Teching It Easy: With Windows |ActiveWin |Notebooks | Microsoft MVP
techingiteasy.wordpress.com
Windows Expert - Consumer
Remigius_979
Found this helpful 0
Remigius_979 replied on
Hi all,

the SubInACL was an interesting experience but did not solve the problem in my case. My error 1935 came also with a HRESULT 0x8007054F (internal error). The cbs.log contained some transaction related errors, like e.g. the following:

CSI    00000019 Pending transaction content must be resolved, cannot begin another transaction yet
CSI    0000001a (F) E_UNEXPECTED #1393# from Windows::COM::CComponentStore::InternalTransact(...)[gle=0x8000ffff]
SXS    Transact2 sensing pending content failed with 0x8000ffff

etc.

Finally, I found the solution to my flavor of the problem in the following thread:

I post this because it might save other people from spending too much time on this issue or even messing up their system. I have also read in some locations that people resorted to perform an update install of Windows 7.

Cheers, Remigius.