Change my Language Pack to English (Windows 7 Professional)

Hi, I bought my pc with Windows 7 Pro in Spanish. I know I can't add any other language packs with this edition. I don't want or need multi lang support, I just want my OS in English. How can I do that with out having to reinstall Windows from scratch?
Thanks in advance

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry Andre,

but as stated in the title, I have W7 Professional Edition installed, so I can't do that...

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi cristiang,

Please see the information in the article below regarding Windows 7 anytime upgrade which you can upgrade from your version of Windows 7 to Ultimate or Enterprise:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/windows-anytime-upgrade

Hope this helps!

Debra
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, this is not a satisfactory answer. Of course one can upgrade or change the entire OS. That's not the point (it would be if you could do it for free...)

The point is: I don't wont/need multi-lang support, I just want to change my language from Spanish to English. That's one language and don't want to pay for more.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, this is not a satisfactory answer. Of course one can upgrade or change the entire OS. That's not the point (it would be if you could do it for free...)

The point is: I don't wont/need multi-lang support, I just want to change my language from Spanish to English. That's one language and don't want to pay for more.

Hi cristiang

The reality is that the MUI (Multilingual User Interface) language packs are the only files that are capable of changing the language in windows from one parent language to another parent language (Spanish to English).

These files can only be installed on Windows 7 Ultimate or Enterprise editions. Whether you are only going to install one language or all 35 languages does not change the requirements.

Regards,

Ronnie Vernon MVP – Windows Desktop Experience
MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Ronnie,

I just bought a Lenovo and somehow it must have been initialized by a previous owner then returned for  some reason.

It was bought in Canada and therefore has two Default languages to install the Parent language.

Since it's already been activated in French ... how do I revert back to English ... ( Win 7 Pro ).  

Why are there two choices to install and then have NO choices to revert back to the one you want?

I may have to RESTORE the PC and get back to the start and PICK a language from there .... not very thrilled with MS for their inability to make available the change of Display languages... CASH grab if you ask me ... ( by asking users to Upgrade to higher version and charge some more )

Plain stupid ... yet they can get away with it.

Cheers.

HP

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Ronnie,

I just bought a Lenovo and somehow it must have been initialized by a previous owner then returned for  some reason.

It was bought in Canada and therefore has two Default languages to install the Parent language.

Since it's already been activated in French ... how do I revert back to English ... ( Win 7 Pro ).  

Why are there two choices to install and then have NO choices to revert back to the one you want?

I may have to RESTORE the PC and get back to the start and PICK a language from there .... not very thrilled with MS for their inability to make available the change of Display languages... CASH grab if you ask me ... ( by asking users to Upgrade to higher version and charge some more )

Plain stupid ... yet they can get away with it.

Cheers.

HP

Hi

There are always exceptions to any rule.

Canada is unique because they have 2 Official languages. I'm sure that there is a rule there that any computer sold in that country must include the ability to select either of those 2 languages, when the computer is first purchased.

There are more examples of this around the world. Several Scandinavian countries have 3 or 4 official languages and computers sold in those countries must include the ability to select among those different languages/dialects.

When you bought that computer, the seller should have made the fact that it was activated in the French language, perfectly clear, prior to the purchase. Microsoft has no control over this.

Regards,

Ronnie Vernon MVP – Windows Expert - Consumer
MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you want to stay with Professional you will have to buy a copy of Windows in English.  If you want English at the minimum price, use Anytime Upgrade to Ultimate and download the English MUI.  If are not in position to spend any money on the project then stick with Spanish.  Microsoft does not offer a free language change for Professional.
Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
Colin Barnhorst

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, please can you help.

I am in a similar position, I just bought a computer in Chile, it has Microsoft Windows 7 Starter, but the entire operating system is in Spanish. 
How can I change this?
Do I need Windows 7 Ultimate?
And if so how can I get this in South America, being you can only download it in certain countries?
Your assistance is much appreciated

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

Yes, you would need to have the Ultimate version to change display languages.

Regards

MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 27, 2024 Views 43,946 Applies to: