cng.sys file gets corrupted every time i start the system one or two hours

Right now i am using Windows 7 evalution copy
Now when i start my system every time it go to repairing the system. It follows the System Restore procedure to recover the file .

After recovery completed it shows the problem as follows:

F:\windows\system32\drivers\cng.sys  file gets corrupted.
File repair : failed
Repaired action: System Restore

Now my question is what is the cause of problem that every time the cng.sys file gets corrupted.
F drive is my CD Drive.

Answer
Answer

Hi Ganesh_Babar,

You mentioned that you get a blue screen.  Before you start changing hardware, such as the power supply on your mobo, let’s try these steps. Since this issue is presented at startup, you can try Startup Repair which repairs most startup issues.  To access this tool, restart your computer tapping on the F8 key until you reach the Advanced Startup Options menu.  Select Repair Your Computer and then Startup Repair.  SFC scan is also a good tool to repair missing or corrupted files.  If these steps don’t fix the problem, restart your computer and boot to the Advanced Startup Options menu.  This time select Disable automatic restart on system failure.  Try to reproduce the problem as you described in your first post and report any error messages. Let us know if this helps.

Dena
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Dena

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 15, 2024 Views 44,308 Applies to: