Windows 7, what no hibernate?

I think I already have the answer to the above question that being if you have 4G or more RAM then you loose hibernate.  If that's true who has a logical answer for this?  I've never heard of having to much RAM for a program to work?  Only not enough.

Answer
Answer

It works.

Here's the fix I received courtesy of the HP help desk.  This is a cut and paste from the site so here's hoping I don't get in too much trouble with mother HP.

In order to enable this feature in your system, you need to enable it by doing a simple procedure as mentioned below: -

1. Open Command Prompt with Administrator rights. To open Command Prompt, type CMD in Start menu and then hit Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open the Command Prompt with Admin rights.

2. Next, type the below command and hit enter:

powercfg /hibernate on

3. Type exit and hit enter to close the Command Prompt.

4. If you can’t see the Hibernate option in Start menu then do the following tasks:

A. Type Power Options in Start menu and hit enter.

B. In the left pane, open the link labeled “Change when the computer sleeps” and then open the link “Change advanced power settings”.

C. Under the Advanced Sleep option, expand the Sleep tree and turn off Hybrid Sleep.

D. Now go back to Start menu to see the new Hibernate entry.

84 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

No true, the amount of RAM installed does not cause the loss of Hibernation, only the size of the hibernation file will be affected.

How to Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 7
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/819-hibernate-enable-disable.html

JS
http://www.pagestart.com

Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.
Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2023 Views 96,770 Applies to: