David1478
Had this question 22
Question
David1478 asked on

Windows 7 error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

I receive the following message when I boot Windows 7

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
All the posts about this error refer to  Vista and don`t seem to apply.  When I try to start an application that wants online access, event viewer shows the process has started, but the application does not start nor does it appear in the event viewer application screen.  If I run IE before I try any other program it works fine.  If I start IE after starting one of the programs experiencing the problem, it won;t connect to my ISP or anything else.  Thanks for any help. 

Carter--
Found this helpful 6
Answer
Carter-- replied on
Hi,

To resolve this problem, run a script to stop the Event ID 10 messages. To run this script, follow these steps:
In a text editor, such as Notepad, create a new text document named Test.vbs.
Paste the following code into Test.vbs:
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" _
& strComputer & "\root\subscription")

Set obj1 = objWMIService.Get("__EventFilter.Name='BVTFilter'")

set obj2set = obj1.Associators_("__FilterToConsumerBinding")

set obj3set = obj1.References_("__FilterToConsumerBinding")

For each obj2 in obj2set
                WScript.echo "Deleting the object"
                WScript.echo obj2.GetObjectText_
                obj2.Delete_
next

For each obj3 in obj3set
                WScript.echo obj3.GetObjectText_
                obj3.Delete_
next

WScript.echo obj1.GetObjectText_
obj1.Delete_

After you run this script, the Event ID 10 messages stop appearing in the Application log. However, you have to manually clear any previous Event ID 10 messages.

Note Make sure that you only delete the appropriate Event ID 10 messages. There may be other pertinent Event ID 10 messages that you do not want to delete.
Ty Glander
Found this helpful 14
Most Helpful Reply
Ty Glander replied on

Its actually much easier to run the Fixit MSI from:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-US;2545227

Carter--
Found this helpful 6
Answer
Carter-- replied on
Hi,

To resolve this problem, run a script to stop the Event ID 10 messages. To run this script, follow these steps:
In a text editor, such as Notepad, create a new text document named Test.vbs.
Paste the following code into Test.vbs:
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" _
& strComputer & "\root\subscription")

Set obj1 = objWMIService.Get("__EventFilter.Name='BVTFilter'")

set obj2set = obj1.Associators_("__FilterToConsumerBinding")

set obj3set = obj1.References_("__FilterToConsumerBinding")

For each obj2 in obj2set
                WScript.echo obj2.GetObjectText_
                obj2.Delete_
next

For each obj3 in obj3set
                WScript.echo obj3.GetObjectText_
                obj3.Delete_
next

WScript.echo obj1.GetObjectText_
obj1.Delete_

After you run this script, the Event ID 10 messages stop appearing in the Application log. However, you have to manually clear any previous Event ID 10 messages.

Note Make sure that you only delete the appropriate Event ID 10 messages. There may be other pertinent Event ID 10 messages that you do not want to delete.
David1478
Found this helpful 0
David1478 replied on

Hi
Thanks for the answer, I will try your solution.  Do you have any idea why the error occurs?
ThaNKS
David
vietbucky
Found this helpful 2
vietbucky replied on

Hi, i tried this solution but when i save it in a test.vbs document it doesn't work. it says access denied when i run it any help with that? =s
David1478
Found this helpful 1
David1478 replied on
The test.vbs never worked.  I finally reformatted and reinstalled windows 7.  Everything seems OK now.  BTW the reformat and reinstall was dome with my update DVD and it was quite straight forward. 
Venutius
Found this helpful 1
Venutius replied on
You have to run "test.vbs" using and elevated command prompt, i.e. run Command Prompt as Administrator, move to the folder containing the script and then run it.  Hope this helps
Stephen_426
Found this helpful 0
Stephen_426 replied on

Why on earth is this problem on a brand new laptop. I am also getting blue screen some times when I shut down. Cant access the dmp files or the particular directories.

Pay money and it is broke. Amazining.

Time to return laptop

reformatting is a huge decision

murryvd
Found this helpful 0
murryvd replied on

You have to run "test.vbs" using and elevated command prompt, i.e. run Command Prompt as Administrator, move to the folder containing the script and then run it.  Hope this helps

I tried you suggestion but i get a "Windows Script Host error" saying "Library not registered"
Code8002801D. What next?

Ty Glander
Found this helpful 14
Ty Glander replied on

Its actually much easier to run the Fixit MSI from:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-US;2545227

Data-Care
Found this helpful 4
Data-Care replied on

Why not just turn off ALL error reporting since the Event viewer linked us to this esoteric, convoluted solution instead? I thought all errors were worthwile, but not anymore. What a rotten easter egg!
Data-Care
Found this helpful 0
Data-Care replied on

symptoms of this error are not blue screens: you have an unproven piece of hardware. Sounds like a BIOS update and chkdsk.exe /f is a 1st step for you.
Amazining.
Previous Previous Page of 2 Next Next