ikophil
Had this question 4
Question
ikophil asked on

Recurring BlueScreen error. BCCode: fe

Problem only seems to occur when computer is idle (i.e., I am not actively using any applications).  I've reinstalled Windows 7 as well as a number of programs without using system recovery,

and the problem has resurfaced.  There is a series of new minidump files that have accumulated over the last couple of days since I reinstalled the OS.  Please help.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:BlueScreen

OS Version:6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID:1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: fe

BCP1: 0000000000000005

BCP2: FFFFFA80086101A0

BCP3: 0000000010330035

BCP4: FFFFFA80090B1B80

OS Version:6_1_7600

Service Pack:0_0

Product:256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\120110-28797-01.dmp

C:\Users\ikophil\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-84162-0.sysdata.xml

auggy
Found this helpful 0
Answer
auggy replied on
MVP

The minidump files show a BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER (fe) error referencing the usbohci.sys.

No specific third party driver is named as being involved in the crash but I would suspect that if a third party driver is involved that driver would be a driver for either the Logitech webcam or mouse.

What you could consider is to install the following hotfix which seems to address the issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974410

There is a link at the top of the article to request the hotfix.

auggy
Found this helpful 0
auggy replied on
MVP

It may help to take a look at the minidump files from the crashes with a debugger.

Can you zip up the minidump files in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and make available (provide link) via Windows Live SkyDrive or similar site?

The following link has information on using Windows Live SkyDrive:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

If you have problems zipping the minidump files copy the minidump files to another location such as a folder on the Desktop.

ikophil
Found this helpful 0
ikophil replied on

auggy
Found this helpful 0
Answer
auggy replied on
MVP

The minidump files show a BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER (fe) error referencing the usbohci.sys.

No specific third party driver is named as being involved in the crash but I would suspect that if a third party driver is involved that driver would be a driver for either the Logitech webcam or mouse.

What you could consider is to install the following hotfix which seems to address the issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974410

There is a link at the top of the article to request the hotfix.

ikophil
Found this helpful 0
ikophil replied on

FYI, I tried the hotfix with no success.  However, your note about the webcam and mouse drivers led me to unplug, rearrange, and gradually reconnect all of the USB devices connected to the PC.  No more system crashes, so thanks!
auggy
Found this helpful 0
auggy replied on
MVP

Great! Glad you got it fixed.