Lost all administrator rights/permissions after Windows 7 upgrade from Vista

Really at wits end...

Ran Windows 7 upgrade for Vista Home Premium - minor compatibility issues, made me uninstall iTunes and Google Toolbar then completed without error
Attempted to manage computer - received an error that the digital signature could not be verified and that a recent change may have affected the file
Attempted to re-install iTunes - received an error that the system administrator had deployed policies preventing installation
Attempted to run programs 'as administrator' - received same error that file could not be verified b/c of a recent change
Followed instructions in this Forum for changing registry settings and updating the Owner value on the drives - problem resurfaced after changing registry settings back to original values
Attempted to restore PC from earlier version - same errors outlined above

Any help would be greatly appreciated - ran the same upgrade on my work laptop without any issues; although it was Windows 7 professional and not home premium.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Windows 7 Answers Forum!  

You may try the steps as below and check if the issue gets fixed,

Now you need to refer the below provided link on.

"How do I restore security settings to the default settings?"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222

I f the above provided link doesn’t resolve the issue then you need to follow the below provided step to Fix the corrupted user profile and check for the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Thanks and Regards:

Suresh Kumar- Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 24, 2020 Views 18,395 Applies to: