How to repair windows 7

I have win 7 ultimate edition installed on my system.I tried installing ubuntu11.10 on my system and installed it inside windows(a option appears to do so while installing and there is no need of any dvd or pen drive).When i rebooted the system,it showed error
"no such partition"
grub rescue> _
What is the reason for this and how can i get my windows back?
Answer
Answer
Repairing The Windows 7 Installation

1a. Insert the Windows 7 DVD or repair disk and restart your computer. Boot from the DVD, press a key if prompted.
1b. Or if you don’t have disks press F8 instead repeatedly at boot and choose "Repair your computer" then go to step 4.
2. Choose your language and click Next.
3. Click Repair Your Computer and then select the operating system you want to repair.
4. Click on the Startup Repair link from list of recovery tools in System Recovery Options.

More info and a how to guide:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ss/windows-7-startup-repair.htm

If that doesn't fix it:
1a. Insert the Windows 7 DVD or repair disk and restart your computer. Boot from the DVD, press a key if prompted.
1b. Or if you don’t have disks press F8 instead repeatedly at boot and choose "Repair your computer" then go to step 4.
2. Choose your language and click Next.
3. Click Repair Your Computer and then select the operating system you want to repair.
4. Select Command Prompt and type the following commands (pressing Enter after each one):

bootrec /fixMBR
bootrec /fixBoot
bootrec /rebuildBCD

Note: there is a space before the /

MCC 2011

TrekDozer

Sharing bits of knowledge.

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 1, 2023 Views 33,989 Applies to: