Error 0x80070426Windows Activation Error, Error Code 0x80070426? for windows 7 after adjusting someservices list

Windows Activation Error, Error Code 0x80070426?

I've been running windows 7 home for nearly a year now. Genuine copy, activated, no issues whatsoever. Last night I went through my Services list and disabled some of them.  My plan was to speed up the computer and free up memory by not having them run. I scheduled a disk check and restarted my computer. The disk check ran and found no errors, and when I tried to login this morning I got a Windows Activation Error window with the above error code. Since this copy of Windows has been installed on this computer and validated for so long, why would I be getting this message? If I click on the "More Information" link it shows an error dialog that says, "The service has not been started."

Even I am unable to connect to internet,pc sound system.Does anybody know which service is causing this error? Maybe I disabled the wrong one by accident (oops!). Pl advice if anybody knows the solution???
thanks
Answer
Answer

I recommend you do a system restore to a point time before you made these serious system changes:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/

Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 22, 2022 Views 22,514 Applies to: