Blue screen dumps due to hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe

I am getting a blue screen dump frequently. I ran a memory test and hard drive test. Both of them passed. I downloaded a 3rd party software to know the cause of the BSoD. It suggest that hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe are the cause of the errors. I have the dump files. Not sure how to attached them :(. Can someone send me his email address so that I can share it through some sky drive or attachment.

Waiting for your quick response.

Thanks,

Arya

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

The error that you are getting is mostly hardware related. Mostly, it is hard disk, RAM (Random Access Memory) or processor.

Try the following steps and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run a Startup Repair and check if it helps.
Startup Repair: frequently asked questions

Method 2:

Running the Memory Diagnostic Tool from Windows 7 System Recovery Options.
What are the system recovery options in Windows 7?

Method 3:

Run a disk check from Windows 7 System Recovery Options.

a. Insert the Windows 7 installation disc.
Note: The computer must be configured to start from a CD or from a DVD. For information about how to configure the computer to start from a CD or from a DVD, see the information that came with the computer.
b. Restart the computer and boot from the Windows Vista installation disc.
c. Set your language preference, and then click Next.
d. Click Repair your computer.
e. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
f. In the System Recovery Options menu, click Command Prompt.
g. Type in
chkdsk /r and press enter.
h. When the repair process is complete, type exit and let the computer restart and check if you are able to boot.

Method 4

You can try to Restore BIOS settings to defaults and check if it helps. If you don’t know how to restore default settings then, I would suggest you to get in touch with the system manufacturer for help.

Warning:
Be careful when changing BIOS settings. The BIOS interface is designed for advanced users, and it's possible to change a setting that could prevent your computer from starting correctly.
Updating BIOS should only be done if necessary (to solve a compatibility problem, for example). It can be a complicated process, and if an error occurs, your computer could be rendered inoperable. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions exactly.

I’m confident that steps suggested above will help us fix your issue. If you face any further issues, please reply to this post and we'll be happy to assist you further.

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 18, 2019 Views 14,789 Applies to: