Blue Screen BCCode 116

Brand new ASUS twice now I have gotten the dreaded Blue Screen after starting my PC from Hibernate. Once I select start windows in normal mode it works fine. If I shut down totally and re-start it starts up fine no blue screen. Any ideas ??

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 116

BCP1: FFFFFA80094D44E0

BCP2: FFFFF88010174230

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: 0000000000000002

OS Version: 6_1_7600

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\010310-22120-01.dmp

C:\Users\Jill\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-51620-0.sysdata.xml

Answer
Answer

Hi,
Welcome to Microsoft answers.

I would suggest you to update the drivers for your graphis card, here are the steps:

1.      Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

2.      In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.

3.      If there are any available updates, click the link in the box under Windows Update to see more information about each update. Each type of update might include drivers.

4.      On the Select the updates you want to install page, look for updates for your hardware devices, select the check box for each driver that you want to install, and then click OK. There might not be any driver updates available.

5.      On the Windows Update page, click Install updates If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-to-do-when-a-device-isnt-installed-properly 

If you cannot find the drivers, then go to manufacturer’s website download the latest drivers and install.

For more information on the issue, refer this link:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistaperformance/thread/6940c7ff-64e7-48fd-8101-239abd5678a0

Please respond back for the status on the issue and let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks and Regards,
Azam – Microsoft Support.

44 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 280,949 Applies to: