What is the story on searchqu, ilivid, and bandoo?

Can anyone tell me what the risk is of having searchqu, ilivid, and bandoo on my computer. I've done searches and some say they are bad and some say they present no problem. Some of the searches show that searchqu/toolbar will always try to change your search engine and browser. Also said almost impossible to remove.

I uninstalled searchqu and then could not access the internet. Did a restore and everything back to normal. I then went to the internet options and disabled the searchqu and bandoo add-ons and haven't had a real problem but wondering if it is adviseable to leave those installed.

Any "heads-up" and/or removal advice appreciated.

Answer
Answer
Hi,
Installing third party softwares is a risk and may cause virus or malware infection.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Method 1:

It is advisable to remove the program if you are not using it. Refer the link and follow the steps:

Method 2:

Run a safety scan. Refer the link:

Microsoft Safety Scanner

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/SysReq.aspx

Note: Incase viruses are found the scan may chose to quarantine the file or delete so as a precaution backup files before you run a safety scan
Vinod Archak
Forum Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

It is a free toolbar which get installed along with the freeware programs like iLivid. This is not a known threat but once it get installed on the computer, it is hard to remove it from your computer. That's why the most of the users are concern about it. Please check the below post which helps you to remove searchqu completly from your computer.

Searchqu - Removal Instructions

Microsoft Certified IT Professional

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 3, 2018 Views 31,280 Applies to: