Being logged in to Windows 7 with a temporary profile

I switched on my PC and when I entered my password to log in I was told that I was being logged in with a temporary profile because my real one was unavailable. Logging out and back in again appears to have solved the problem for now. I've seen this problem in the Vista forums, but not Windows 7. Any ideas what's going on ?

Answer
Answer

Hello Nia,

Thank you for your response.

Please refer to suggestions from Frederik Long replied on April 5, 2010 and check the issue.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/windows-7-gives-message-you-have-been-logged-on-a/b714bb08-bbdd-4099-b7ca-3a03ae3a050d

I hope this information helps.

Thank you

29 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hello,

Thank you for your input.

I hope that your suggestions may help other community members to resolve similar issues.

I appreciate your efforts.

However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/back-up-registry

Thank you

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 2, 2020 Views 323,447 Applies to: