ptrapper65
Had this question 4
Question
ptrapper65 asked on

Windows 7 - Photo Viewer dosn't show my Printer

WIn 7

Using Windows Photo viewer and it dosn't show my HP 2600n printer.  All other programs (word, paint, ect)  show the printer as the default along with the other selections (like Fax).

I like to use photo viewer since you can print the correct size by selecting it, but my Priner is not there.  It works fine on my other machine.  When I go to install a printer thru the photo viewer it finds it but reinstalls it as (2) and it still doesn't have it there the nect time I open photo viewer.

Please help
Sandeep G R
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Sandeep G R replied on
Microsoft Support Engineer

Hi Ptrapper65,

Thank you for visiting Windows Vista Forums.

Let us run  SFC /scannow to replace any corrupt or missing system files.

This command will immediately initiate the System File Checker to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem.

1. Click Start

2. Click All Programs

3. Click Accessories and right click on the Command Prompt.

4. Select the Security Tab and choose "Run as Administrator"

5. Click on Command Prompt

Type SFC /Scannow

The System File Checker tool scans system files and replaces incorrect versions of the system files by using the correct versions.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212  

Regards,
Amritha-Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

SteveH1234
Found this helpful 0
SteveH1234 replied on

I have the same problem. I have tried this, but no problems were found by the SFC. The problem persists
ManxMan55
Found this helpful 0
ManxMan55 replied on

This does not work in my case. 
Every time I try to print a picture from Windows Photo Viewer, all my network (not local USB) printers are deleted and the print spooler service is stopped.  Restarting the Print Spooler service alone does not bring back the printers. 

I have found, after each of the many times this has happened, that the only way to get the printers back is to use system recovery in the Control Panel to revert the computer settings to an earlier date.

hokieinidaho
Found this helpful 1
hokieinidaho replied on

I'm having the same problem. Printers in Windows Photo Viewer, as well as Windows Live Photo Gallery, do not list the printers correctly.