What Happened to the Windows Media Player Toolbar??

I recently downloaded the Windows 7 RC, and all of my programs and everything work great, with a few exeptions, but that is because I am accessing all of my programs from another partition, and one other thing is that I did not see an option to use the windows media player toolbar. In windows XP, and Vista, you could set it so that when you minimized WMP, all of the control buttons would appear on the taskbar. Now on Windows 7, it doesnt happen and I dont see an option to do so. I know that you can set it so that it has the samll box and it will always stay on top, but that takes up room on my monitor. I liked it alot better on the taskbar. Does anyone know what happened to the toolbar, or is my version of Win7 Glitching?

--Windows 7 RC Build 7100.
Answer
Answer
The toolbar for Media Player has been removed because in Windows 7, you can control the media player using Aero Peak from the taskbar. When you mouse over the WMP icon in the taskbar with media playing and the player shrunk to the task bar, the flyout peak box will appear and you can control the media from there.
Jonathan Matthis aka "7tester" on MSN QnA
Chief Site Administrator
Windows 7 QnA
http://windows 7qna.ning.com

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 24, 2021 Views 63,795 Applies to: