Speech Recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported error message

I went through all the speech recognition program training and setup, but when trying to open the actual program, the error message is:  "Speech Recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported. The recognizer language just match the language of the user interface. Please change the recognizer language in the Speech Recognition control panel under Advanced Options."

There are only two options under the Speech Recognition' Advanced Options: US and UK.  It was set to US and still is, but I'm receiving the same error.  (I even tried to change it to the UK, but the same error occurred.)

There is no place to change the "language of the user interface" that I can find.  There isn't any such option for my clock or keyboard.  

I have Windows 7, 64-bit.    I checked to make sure I have all Windows updates installed, and as far as I can tell, I do. 

Answer
Answer

Hi,

·         Do you remember making any recent changes to computer prior to this issue?

Did you try the steps provided by irfan H I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

Method 1:

Follow the steps below and uncheck “Allow computer to review your documents”:

a.       Click on start.

b.      Open Control Panel then click on ease of access then click on Speech Recognition Options.

c.       In the upper right of the Speech Recognition Option window click Advanced Speech Options.

d.      Remove the checkmark next to, ‘Allow computer to review your documents’.

e.      Click Apply and ok.

Method 2:

If the above step fails change regional language settings and check follow the steps below:

a.       Click on Start button

b.      Click on Control Panel  

c.       Then click on Clock Language and Region and then clicking Regional and Language Options.

d.      Select the appropriate language and region.

e.      Then reboot the computer and check if it works.

Hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 6, 2023 Views 9 Applies to: