Epic_Geek
Had this question 44
Question
Epic_Geek asked on

No Stereo Mix in Windows 7 Please Help!

I've read all over on the internet but none of the solutions help me. I use Stereo Mix to send sounds over MSN using the record button as well as using the mic. The mic works fine in 7 and stereo mix used to work in windowsxp and vista but now in windows 7 on the same machine (Acer 4420 notebook) there is no stereo mix. I go into the sound control panel then right click and say

Show disabled devices
Show disconnected devices

and all that shows up is the monitor microphone, the microphone sound card jack and line-in. I need Stereo Mix to work in Windows 7.

I've written for help on the microsoft answers board twice now and they ignored me, I've asked on yahoo answers, they ignored me. I even wrote to realtek and they have ignored me as well twice now, I will be contacting the better business bureau to complain about customer service if I cannot reach a solution. I have been trying to find a solution for a month now!
Sandeep Ghatuary
Found this helpful 2
Answer
Sandeep Ghatuary replied on

Hi Epic_Geek,

I see that you have posted on Microsoft Answers Forum before and Praseetha had replied to your query. Please let us know if you have followed all her suggestions.

To check your previous thread, click here.

Get back to us so that we can troubleshoot further, if required.

Regards,
Gulrez

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
KeithMartin1
Found this helpful 0
Answer
KeithMartin1 replied on
I have fixed the stereo problem.I went back to H/P and asked them to fix it. and they updated the bios and updated the audio driver.Lokks like it's an older driver but it works fine and I have my stero back.The update for the bios is the fix,along with update driver.
CHOUNG
Found this helpful 16
Most Helpful Reply
CHOUNG replied on
Dear Geek and ALL,
This Stero MIX problem has started with Vista and now windows 7.. And that this has nothing to do with SOUND DRIVERS whatsoever...

The reason Stero Mix disappears in Vista and Windows 7 has NOTHING to do with sound drivers  at all.

Because this problem only happens to   CERTAIN BRAND of LAPTOPS only..
This   is because these BRANDS such as DELL, VAIO, ACER, etc.have signed an AGREEMENT with.The Music Recording Industry to TAKE STREO MIX off windows Vista and  7..

That 's why you would find that other PC laptops BRANDS such as Fujitsu, Toshiba, ASUS etc.... Stereo MIX is still functioning well  in  Vista and Windows 7..

I worked as PC technician since 1994 .. and this is the first problem that NO ONE want to answer, even though THEY KNEW..
many customers have sent their written complaints to Microsoft, DELL, VAIO, ACER (now Gateway)  (Me too) but they would try their best to be EVASIVE...but never explain even though THEY knew it.

If people want stereo Mix back...we must start CLASS ACTION.. by STOP BUYING these BRANDS (Vaio, Acer, Dell etc)  and tell THEM OUT LOUD why we boycott them....

That's all.
In the mean time, if those people with DELL, ACER, VAIO want to use STERO MIX function , You can install  VAC (Virtual Audio Cable) software.. http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm
Or come back to Windows XP.. with XP Stereo MIX would work well in every PC

bye all

Sandeep Ghatuary
Found this helpful 2
Answer

Hi Epic_Geek,

I see that you have posted on Microsoft Answers Forum before and Praseetha had replied to your query. Please let us know if you have followed all her suggestions.

To check your previous thread, click here.

Get back to us so that we can troubleshoot further, if required.

Regards,
Gulrez

Epic_Geek
Found this helpful 4
Epic_Geek replied on

Thanks Gulrez,
It's actually a very very common issue people using Realtek experience once they upgrade to Windows 7. I am amazed the experts
do not yet know the answer or solution to fixing the problem.

The problem lies in the drivers. The drivers supplied by microsoft for the Realtek devices as well as the newer drivers supplied
by Realtek are not good drivers, they do not have the feature.

The solution, as I had to find for myself, is to simply uninstall the newer drivers and disable the automatic driver installation
policy, then install the older Vista_Win7_R237 drivers.

The older drivers are better even though they are obsolete, how Ironic :)
Sandeep Ghatuary
Found this helpful 1

Hi Epic_Geek,

It is strange that the older drivers are working better than the newer ones. Realtek and Microsoft engineers will certainly have a better insight on the latest rolled out drivers. Other people facing the same issue will certainly use this information to good effect.

Regards,
Gulrez

Hot564231
Found this helpful 1
Hot564231 replied on

There a way to get msn to send sound clips, once you have stereomix back, go to *right click on speaker* select recording, select stereomix>properties select the listen tab and now you'll see "playback through device" now this should be set on default playback device, I want you to change that to Speakers (Realtek high def bah bah) and now try sending voice clip through msn.
CVonV
Found this helpful 1
CVonV replied on

There a way to get msn to send sound clips, once you have stereomix back, go to *right click on speaker* select recording, select stereomix>properties select the listen tab and now you'll see "playback through device" now this should be set on default playback device, I want you to change that to Speakers (Realtek high def bah bah) and now try sending voice clip through msn.

that doesn't work either on w7 with realtek w7 drivers =\

Dominicm633
Found this helpful 9
Dominicm633 replied on
Hey dude, this is my first reply :P I just found stero mix by complete chance after accidentally disabling my speakers, and i googled it to found out what it did and found this thread.  Click on speaker icon on the start bar-in taskbar notifications or whatever, click on recording devices-right click in box, and tick 'show disabled devices', then stereo mix appears-then enable the device ;) :DD
AmirGTR
Found this helpful 0
AmirGTR replied on

All these experts here trying to figure out something as simple as this and you come right through with a real answer. Thanks man, we owe you one. :)
Wichitamann
Found this helpful 0
Wichitamann replied on
Try this Driver realtek_hda_r161 its works in my Sony Vaio and get stereo mix, but it makes my headphone works with the speakers.
chen0378
Found this helpful 1
chen0378 replied on

In System Tray, click the speaker
- Click Mixer
- Click icon for Speakers
- In Speaker Properties>Levels Tab
- Un-mute Input Monitor
CHOUNG
Found this helpful 16
CHOUNG replied on
Dear Geek and ALL,
This Stero MIX problem has started with Vista and now windows 7.. And that this has nothing to do with SOUND DRIVERS whatsoever...

The reason Stero Mix disappears in Vista and Windows 7 has NOTHING to do with sound drivers  at all.

Because this problem only happens to   CERTAIN BRAND of LAPTOPS only..
This   is because these BRANDS such as DELL, VAIO, ACER, etc.have signed an AGREEMENT with.The Music Recording Industry to TAKE STREO MIX off windows Vista and  7..

That 's why you would find that other PC laptops BRANDS such as Fujitsu, Toshiba, ASUS etc.... Stereo MIX is still functioning well  in  Vista and Windows 7..

I worked as PC technician since 1994 .. and this is the first problem that NO ONE want to answer, even though THEY KNEW..
many customers have sent their written complaints to Microsoft, DELL, VAIO, ACER (now Gateway)  (Me too) but they would try their best to be EVASIVE...but never explain even though THEY knew it.

If people want stereo Mix back...we must start CLASS ACTION.. by STOP BUYING these BRANDS (Vaio, Acer, Dell etc)  and tell THEM OUT LOUD why we boycott them....

That's all.
In the mean time, if those people with DELL, ACER, VAIO want to use STERO MIX function , You can install  VAC (Virtual Audio Cable) software.. http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm
Or come back to Windows XP.. with XP Stereo MIX would work well in every PC

bye all

Previous Previous Page of 7 Next Next