Import picture wizard - No new pictures found can it be reset?

I imported my pictures using the wizard, but I chose to keep the subfolders option... well after seeing how this was organized in too many folders I changed my mind. I then deleted pictures from the PC and ATTEMPTED to redo the import.

Now each time I insert the SD card I receive a popup saying that no new pictures have ben found. Normally great, but I need them to be imported again. I know I can just manually copy, but I want them organized according to date taken and that would take a lot of work manually.

Is there anyway to reset this so that the pictures are recognized as never having been imported. The images are on my SD card only, they have been deleted from the PC (even recycle bin). No new pictures have yet to be taken using the SD card and my Panasonic Lumix digi cam

I have a card reader in my HP G62 notebook. Windows 7 64 bit.

Answer
Answer

I had the same problem.  I saw a few posing that indicated to rename the pictures database from Windows Live Photo Gallery or Windows Photo Gallery.  I resolved my issue by going into Wndows Live Photo Gallery - then manually selecting import photo's and it give you the option to either import new or organize existing.  Selecting the organize existing in the import wizard brings all photos.

If you want to go down the path of renaming the Photos DB see this link:

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-music-pictures-video/74007-re-import-pictures-using-windows.html

Note that in this link it refers to .pd4 files - Windows Live Photo Gallery has moved to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Photo Gallery     and    .pd6 file type.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 26, 2024 Views 14,832 Applies to: