Koori666
Had this question 7
Question
Koori666 asked on

How can you split two audio streams to speakers and headphones, using two separate jacks?

I'm currently using windows 7 and I'd like to have music coming out of my speakers while I have game sounds threw my headphones. I currently have Hd Realtek Audio Driver.
Talon4x4
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Talon4x4 replied on

Bumping an old topic. 
I also got this to work with Realtek HD Audio Manager.
There is an option in the settings: 'Make front and rear output devices play two different audio streams simutaneously.'
Check that and you're good.

This worked!!!  Thanks!!  I was thinking I would have to purchase a 2nd audio card to accomplish this task.  Can't thank you enough.

And for the person looking for the option, double-click the Realtek speaker icon in the tray.  When the window pops up look along the left side, click on the sprocket (device advanced settings) and you will see the option right there in the middle of the screen.  Check the box, it will reload the audio driver and you will be good to go!!
Koori666
Found this helpful 1
Koori666 replied on
How can you split audio streams to different outputs in Windows 7
EX: Listen to music threw speakers + have game sound from headphones
Currently have HD Realtek Audio Driver
Diana D
Found this helpful 0
Diana D replied on
Microsoft

Hi,

Multiple audio outputs are not supported by windows 7. It is by design.

Some hardware supports it; however you may need to contact the computer manufacturer for checking the possibilities.

Refer to http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7hardware/thread/af25defc-7559-4c8d-9480-2ee7790492f1

Diana
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.
Steven Woolley
Found this helpful 0
Steven Woolley replied on

Thank you for that wonderful cut and pasted reply.
broken1000
Found this helpful 3
broken1000 replied on
i was able to solve it by setting the option "Device advance settings" from the top right corner of the realtek utility software, it opens up a lets you choose to either mute the back panel jacks when pluggin into the front panel or see them as separate devices, with the last one you can set either one to be default communication option, so software like skype will use this instead of the back connected speakers.
smile_1778
Found this helpful 0
smile_1778 replied on

This worked. THANK YOU!!!  I can now game listening the to the game through the speaker and hear the ppl in vent through my headset.
GuillemSalcedo
Found this helpful 0
GuillemSalcedo replied on

Hello;

Please, can you say me which version of Realtek are you using?

I need the same of you, it will be great if you could tell me the specific driver of Realtek that you are using, please.

Thank you
theplectrum
Found this helpful 0
theplectrum replied on

I am surprised this works as  AFAIA Realtek is only capable of streaming a single stereo source at any one time, not two. For those who claim to have this working, a question :

- are you splitting up the stereo signal

- or do you have a second audio device (virtual or physiscal) installed.

I get the impression you maybe splitting up a 5:1 or 7:1 signal, which is not the same as outputting separate sources. Skype, BTW, can only use normal "stereo".

Games can use mutiple ouputs. So you would be able to have the game out of the back speakers and Skype out of the front, ie splitting up the 5:1 or 7:1 signal. That is not the same as routing two separate source signals.

Cheers,

Jerry

PS : before anyone accuses me of calling them liars, I'm simply intrigued as to how they set it all up. S'all.

Ohmigod I lost my star :-(((
DeadToll
Found this helpful 0
DeadToll replied on

i was able to solve it by setting the option "Device advance settings" from the top right corner of the realtek utility software, it opens up a lets you choose to either mute the back panel jacks when pluggin into the front panel or see them as separate devices, with the last one you can set either one to be default communication option, so software like skype will use this instead of the back connected speakers.
Hi broken1000,

I tried your method, but still to no avail.

Thanks.
Windows 7 & Windows 8 x64
MilkyFace
Found this helpful 0
MilkyFace replied on

Bumping an old topic. 
I also got this to work with Realtek HD Audio Manager.
There is an option in the settings: 'Make front and rear output devices play two different audio streams simutaneously.'
Check that and you're good.
Anshuman Kumar
Found this helpful 0
Anshuman Kumar replied on

where is the settings?
i can't find it in the manager...
  PS: I am trying to make it so Win Media Player comes thru speakers and chrome comes through headphones (preferably my wireless ones, but i'm fine with apple headphones plugged in the front jack)
Previous Previous Page of 2 Next Next