Error code:0*8876086A DX9AllocatorPresenter failed D3DERR_NotAVAILABLE

I never encountered any problem with Media player classic but now I am having this error (Error code:0*8876086A DX9AllocatorPresenter failed D3DERR_NotAVAILABLE) coming whenever i open a VIDEO file. There is no problem in playing the video but whenever i open it, the error box with the name- ERROR CREATING EVR CUSTOM RENDERER) pops up, then i press OK twice and afterwards the video plays normally.
So, is there any problem.How should i get rid of this error.
Pls someone suggest some solution.
I am using Windows 7 Home Basic SP1, dual core, 32 bit , 320GB hd

Answer
Answer

Hi,

·         Do you remember making recent changes to the computer prior to this issue?

·         Does this happen only when you play video files?

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1:

You may enable Direct3D and check if the issue persists.Run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool (Dxdiag.exe). To do this, follow these steps:

a.       Click Start, type dxdiag in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

b.      On the Display tab, verify that DirectDraw Acceleration and Direct3D Acceleration are selected under DirectX Features.

c.       If either of these lines shows a Disabled status, click Enable for that line.

d.      If multiple video adapters are installed in your computer, repeat step 2 for each Display tab in the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.

Method 2:

If the above step fails update display driver and check if the issue persists. Follow the steps in the link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Method 3:

If the above step fails restart computer in clean boot and check if the issue persist. Follow “step 1” in the link to enable to clean boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135                                    

Follow the step 7 from the article to “Reset the computer to start as usual”, after performing the clean boot troubleshooting.

177 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2024 Views 48,653 Applies to: