Does Microsoft feel it has no responsibility to provide any conversion tool for a file format it created?

Many loyal Microsoft users have been left with gigabytes of .mix files with no way to convert them to a usable format. If this is the Microsoft stance, then Microsoft cares nothing about its loyal users, only about its bottom line. This is very telling about the integrity of the Corporation. I have owned every version of Photodraw, PictureIT, and now Microsoft Digital Image Suite. Consequently, I have gigabytes of .mix files and I have installed every version of these programs on an XP Pro machine to try to convert the files. So far, I have been unsuccessful. I always receive a message like "these files cannot be converted because they were created with a newer version". I see there are thousands of users out there who have .mix files they can't get access to. This is a black eye on Microsoft. Microsoft owes its users a fix for the mix. So, Tweet it, Facebook it, it's time Microsoft come up with a solution!! It is time for a "FIX FOR THE MIX"

Answer
Answer
MCC 2011

TrekDozer

Sharing bits of knowledge.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2018 Views 3 Applies to: