Converting PhotoDraw *.mix files

We have many *.mix files that we would like to have converted to *.jpg.  Although I have not tried, I susptect that PhotoDraw will now run on Win7 since is quite old.  Could someone tell me if it possible to convert these files?  If so, how do I go about doing so?  Thank you.

Craig,

Answer
Answer

Hi craighale,

Microsoft PhotoDraw andMicrosoft Picture It are the programs that can be used to convert .Mix files into .jpg file format.

As per the Microsoft Windows 7 compatibility center there is no information about Microsoft PhotoDraw andMicrosoft Picture Itwhich means that it may or may not be compatible with Windows 7.

For more information refer the below link.

Microsoft PhotoDraw

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Search.aspx?l=en&type=Software&s=Microsoft%20PhotoDraw&os=32-bit

Microsoft Picture It

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Search.aspx?l=en&type=Software&s=Microsoft%20Picture%20It&os=32-bit

If you are unable to use both the programs under Windows 7 you try installing it in compatibility mode and check if it works.

a.    Locate the installer.exe or setup.exe file ofMicrosoft PhotoDraw orMicrosoft Picture It.

b.    Right-click on the file.

c.    From the contextual menu,

d.    Choose Properties > Compatibility.

e.    Choose the version of Windows you want to emulate and select the “Run this program in compatibility mode” checkbox. Run the installer

If you need further information on the above provided steps then you can follow the link provided below.

Make older programs run in this version of Windows
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows

If the above provided steps don’t resolve the issue then you need to wait for the program manufacturer to release the Windows 7 compatible program.

Hope this helps!

Halima S   - Microsoft Support.

Visit our  Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi craighale,

Microsoft PhotoDraw andMicrosoft Picture It are the programs that can be used to convert .Mix files into .jpg file format.

>snip<

======================================================
Best bet would be to use MS PhotoDraw to convert the .mix files to a different format.

FWIW...MS PhotoDraw and MS Picture It! both use the .mix format but typically the
.mix files created in PhotoDraw cannot be opened in Picture It!.

Volunteer J - MS-MVP - Digital Media Experience - Notice_This is not tech support_I am a volunteer - Solutions that work for me may not work for you - ***Proceed at your own risk***
.......Volunteer J - MS-MVP......
.....This Is Not Tech Support....
***Proceed at your own risk***

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 29, 2024 Views 8,325 Applies to: