Qamar Ahmad
Had this question 1
Question
Qamar Ahmad asked on

Runtime Error! C:\Windows\SysWow64\DllHost.exe

Everytime I start a video player like Cyberlink PowerDVD or WMP12 in video library or video playing I start getting this error which keeps popping up at random intervals until I exit the player.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libaray

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DllHost.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

This has been so for about a month and I've tried sfc /scannow and chkdsk with full scan as suggested in different forums and spent hours waiting for it to finish and i still get this.

Qamar Ahmad
Found this helpful 1
Qamar Ahmad replied on

I got a solution to this problem and everything is fine now. Do this right after you get an error of the kind described above.

1. Open Event Viewer by typing Event Viewer in the start ment search or eventvwr.msc in run.
  2. Expand Windows Logs -> Application Events and select an error event.
  3.  See the General Tab below the event list and locate the "Faulting module path" property.

This Faulting module is the application that was causing problem. Check some more error events and if the same application is causing the problem, you might wanna remove that and if it is some active x, disable it.

In my case it was an Axis ActiveX I installed for development purposes and probably was trying to play something in the video players.

I uninstalled the application located at the path and it was fine and peaceful.