My laptop change its screen display from horizontzl to vrtical position suddenly. How can I restore to its normal position? Thanks.

My laptop change its screen display from horizontzl to vrtical position suddenly. How can I restore to its normal position? Thanks.
Answer
Answer

Try these in sequence:

1 You might have a shortcut key enabled for this ctrl-alt-up/left/right arrow but this will only work if your display driver set it up.

2 On the Desktop, right-click, Graphics options, Rotation - this will only be there if your display driver has put it there.

3 Go to Control panel, Display, Change display settings, Advanced settings, {choose the big tab that has the name of the display driver maker on it}, Graphics Options {or similar term} - then delve around to find the controls - these are all laid out differently so I cannot suggest which bit it's going to be in but rotation controls will be in there somewhere.

4 When you find the rotation controls, have a look for keyboard shortcuts in the same area of the display driver settings - if you never need to rotate your display then you can normally disable any keyboard shortcuts to avoid accidentally hitting them whilst you are trying to do something else [which is probably what caused your current problem].

Try*3 - a user
Dell Inspirons 7779, 1545, 9300; Windows 10 Home x64 & Pro x86; Office Pro 2007; HP DJ2540; HTC UPlay [Android 6.0], MyPhoneExplorer

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Screen is sideway
Method One :
Press Ctrl + Alt keys and HOLD > use arrows keys ( up, down, left, right ) to realign the screen

Method Two :
Right click on the open space of desktop > Graphics Options > Rotation > try Normal first, then the others.

Method Three :
Do a system restore. Pick a date before this problem as your restore point.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 20, 2022 Views 3,440 Applies to: