jimmygray
Had this question 5
Question
jimmygray asked on

Jumping Cursor clicks random typing error with Windows 7 maybe solved with manual update

I think my 3 month very frustrating effort to solve the jumping cursor while typing, changing windows without touching mouse, thingy with my new Windows 7 64 Professional in HP Pavilion is solved.  I downloaded and installed the following microsoft update and my problem has not returned:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976972

Be sure to right click the file to "Run as Administrator" when installing it (if you saved it first).  I had to validate my Windows using the "alternate method" before it would work.

This update had not automatically updated or even been shown when I update windows.  I do not have a touchpad.

Maybe someone else with the problem could verify if it is the cure. I did all the "cures" like changing mouse, unchecking "hide cursor while typing", downloading new mouse/keyboard driver,  connecting a wired keyboard and mouse, changing the mouse pad, blah blah blah...etc. etc. etc.  It appears to have been a USB problemall along.

This other update happened automatically at the same time and also may be the solution:

Intel - Storage - Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/PCH SATA RAID Controller

So far the problem has not returned.......

Please reply if this solved your problem also.

-jimmy

Mycursorwontstopjumpinglike...
Found this helpful 0
Mycursorwontstopjumpinglike... replied on

Yes I have this problem.  It may be related to your browser or malware on the machine.   If they can move the cursor while you browse it can be used to make you click adverts 'acidentally' or it could just be a sideeffect.

Suffice to say I just typed this without correction in a minute and the problem is intermitent

fredandanneddas
Found this helpful 0
fredandanneddas replied on

I think my 3 month very frustrating effort to solve the jumping cursor while typing, changing windows without touching mouse, thingy with my new Windows 7 64 Professional in HP Pavilion is solved.  I downloaded and installed the following microsoft update and my problem has not returned:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976972

Be sure to right click the file to "Run as Administrator" when installing it (if you saved it first).  I had to validate my Windows using the "alternate method" before it would work.

This update had not automatically updated or even been shown when I update windows.  I do not have a touchpad.

Maybe someone else with the problem could verify if it is the cure. I did all the "cures" like changing mouse, unchecking "hide cursor while typing", downloading new mouse/keyboard driver,  connecting a wired keyboard and mouse, changing the mouse pad, blah blah blah...etc. etc. etc.  It appears to have been a USB problemall along.

This other update happened automatically at the same time and also may be the solution:

Intel - Storage - Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/PCH SATA RAID Controller

So far the problem has not returned.......

Please reply if this solved your problem also.

-jimmy

hi' the link you give appertains to transferes to a usb??? nothing about the problems listed