I have an issue with the NETAPI32.dll missing on the computer.

How do I retreive in Windows 7 64x NETAPI32.dll that is missing? Showing this WINDA3100v2exe- system error. can't install anything and am at a stand still. any ideas!

Original title: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - Re: Windows 7 64x NETAPI32.dll missing

Hi Robert,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query over here.

You have an issue with a DLL missing on Windows. It can be difficult when something that is important to you does not work as expected. It is pretty simple and we are here to help you fix the issue. We will work as a team and get this sorted out.

Please answer these questions-

1)    When exactly do you get this error message?

2)    What is the complete error message?

3)    Are you able to boot to the desktop after receiving this error?

4)    Did you uninstall a program prior to the issue?

5)    Have you made any other changes on the computer prior to the issue?

I would like more information regarding the issue.

After going researching a lot on this, I have come across the common reasons as to why this error might occur.

The reasons are-

a)   Virus infection

b)   A program was not uninstalled correctly

c)   Drivers for an application are corrupt.

I would be suggesting common troubleshooting steps to help you fix the issue.

Method 1–

I would have you run a System File Checker scan to check for integrity violations.

Refer the link-

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Method 2-

I would recommend you to perform a Clean Boot.

Placing the computer in a Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to perform the steps from the article-

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: You need to follow Step 3 from the article to get the computer back to Normal Startup after performing all the troubleshooting steps.

Check if the error comes up while the computer is in a Clean Boot state. If the error does not come up, then it is a possibility that it could be an application on the computer causing the issue.

I would have you reinstall any recently uninstalled application on the computer and check.

Method 3-

I would have you run an online virus scan.

Refer the link-

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: The antivirus will try to Repair Bad Sectors on the hard drive damaged by viruses. Data present on these sectors might be lost in the process. Proceed at your own risk.

Do let us know if you need further assistance regarding the issue. We will be happy to help. We, at Microsoft strive towards excellence and provide our customers with the best support.

Thanks.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 9, 2024 Views 5,145 Applies to: