how do I remove PC Cleaner pro 2012?

I've tried unistalling from control panel, but a window pops up every time telling me to phone them. This is a con and very annoying. Can anyone help get rid of this without downloading anymore dodgy software?
Answer
Answer
If you shut down your computer and then restart in safe mode you can then go to control panel and uninstall the program. On the bottom right of the PC Cleaner 2012 "call us" popup a covered up uninstall button will be revealed. Click on that button and it goes away after actually completing the uninstall process. Restart in normal mode and it should be gone from your computer.  Pretty slick - hidden uninstall button - probably legal but I bet people do call them. Good Luck.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
I've tried unistalling from control panel, but a window pops up every time telling me to phone them. This is a con and very annoying. Can anyone help get rid of this without downloading anymore dodgy software?

Download and utilize Revo Uninstaller Trial and make sure you utilize the deeper/more aggressive scan to get rid of leftovers.  You can then even use itself to remove itself with the same options, if you like.   I recommend the trial because the free version does not have the aggressive options for leftovers.  If you want to use the Free, it may work as well.

I'd also recommend further cleanup of your machine...

Check for malware:

Download, install, run, update and perform full system scans with the following two applications:

Removing everything they find.  Rebooting when needed.  (You can uninstall one or both when done.)

Then perform an online scan with the eSet Online Scanner.

Free up some hard drive space and get it organized:

Open an elevated command prompt by clicking on the start orb and browsing through All Programs --> Accessories and right-clicking on "Command Prompt" and choosing "Run as Administrator".

Type in the following in the command prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /spsuperseded

... and press ENTER.

The process takes a few minutes to complete, it ends with the sentences “Service Pack Cleanup operation completed. The operation completed successfully”.

Use Disk Cleanup to eliminate more temporary files safely.  May want to schedule this regularly.

You can use an application that scans your system for log files and temporary files and use that to get rid of those:

Ccleaner (Free!)
http://www.ccleaner.com/
( just the disk cleanup - don't play with the registry part for now )

Other ways to free up space..

SequoiaView
http://www.win.tue.nl/sequoiaview/

JDiskReport
http://www.jgoodies.com/freeware/jdiskreport/index.html

Those can help you visually discover where all the space is being used.  Then you can determine what to do and what to delete/archive.

After that - you will want to check for any physical errors and arrange everything for more efficient access...

CHKDSK
How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7

Defragment
How to Defragment your hard drives
* will take time

The less you have running all the time, the better the things you want to run will perform:

Use Autoruns to figure out what all is starting up when your computer does/when you log on.  Look up anything you do not know about using Google (and/or ask here.)  You can hopefully figure out if there are things starting when you computer does (or you logon) that you do not need and then configure them (via their own built-in mechanisms is the preferred method) so they do not start up - using your resources without reason.

You can download and utilize Process Explorer to see exactly what is taking up your processor/CPU time and memory.  This can help you recognize applications you might want to look into alternatives for and/or get rid of all together.

.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 23, 2021 Views 72,072 Applies to: