Veniz
Had this question 1
Question
Veniz asked on

Error message: cannot find script engine vbscript for script "C:\Windows\System32\GfxCUIServiceInstall.vbs" shows up every time I boot my computer

Original Title: cannot find script engine vbscript for script "C:\Windows\System32\GfxCUIServiceInstall.vbs".

It shows up every time I boot my computer. Please help me. I own an acer aspire one netbook. Thanks for the reply. ^^

Mahesh Babu G
Found this helpful 0
Mahesh Babu G replied on

Hi Veniz,

. Have you made any recent hardware or software changes to your computer prior to the issue?

Please follow the links and check with the issue:

Method 1:

You need to perform a Clean Boot to prevent any conflicting third party applications from interfering with your computer.

To place the computer in a Clean Boot state, you need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below and check with the issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: You need to follow Step 7 from the article mentioned above to get the computer back to Normal Startup after performing all the steps.

Method 2:

a. Click on Start button, type cmd, in the search result right-click on cmd and select Run as administrator.
b. Type cd %windir%\system 32 (Note: there is a space between system and 32) and press Enter.
c. Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll in command prompt and press Enter.
d. Type regsvr32 jscript.dll in command prompt and press Enter.

If the registration was successful, you should now see the following message:
DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded.

Method 3:

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to refer to the link to use the System File Checker tool (SFC) to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files in Windows and check if it works:

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Hope this helps.