Could Not measure Video Playback performance” when tried to rate the score using Windows Experience Index feature

Original title: why wont my computer score with  the Windows Experience Index?“

why wont my computer score with  the Windows Experience Index?when i try to rate .i just geta message saying cant measure video playback

Answer
Answer

Hi David,

The reason you're seeing this message is because Windows 7 allows for video decoding to be performed by the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) and your system does not seem to support the new video acceleration introduced.

I would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below.

Method 1: Obtain the latest version of Video drivers

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Method 2: Update your BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

I would suggest you to contact your computer manufacturer to see if they have any updates for the System BIOS.

BIOS Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Mouneshwar R – Microsoft Support

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 8, 2021 Views 3,213 Applies to: