Conio
Had this question 17
Question
Conio asked on

Wireless Network tray icon shows yellow star even if its connected to wireless network.

Hi,

The wireless network icon used to show the yello star when wirless networks were available but not connected to.

Since last few days it shows the yellow star even if the network is connected and tool tip show  connectivity.

Jack MVP
Found this helpful 1
Answer
Jack MVP replied on
MVP

Hi

Are you using Windows Wireless Management or another Manager?

No matter what use only One, if there is a second one disable it.

Jack-MVP Windows Networking. WWW.EZLAN.NET
Jack MVP, Microsoft Windows Desktop Experience-Networking.

www.EZLAN.net
Conio
Found this helpful 3
Conio replied on

I'm using the default setting and wireless manager.

It all started with the installation of Blue Soleil driver for bluetooth dongle and installation of Bluetooth network.

It however got resolved automatically after a few days (probably with a windows update).

Mai NMF
Found this helpful 0
Mai NMF replied on
I have problem same you. I already try to uninstall wireless driver and install again but can't help.

scott jr
Found this helpful 1
scott jr replied on

Hi

Are you using Windows Wireless Management or another Manager?

No matter what use only One, if there is a second one disable it.

Jack-MVP Windows Networking. WWW.EZLAN.NET

hi if need help let me no
TahminaUddin
Found this helpful 1
TahminaUddin replied on

How do I do that?
Could I get some clear instructions...?
PapaJohnAR
Found this helpful 1
PapaJohnAR replied on

I had the same problems.  It was the firewall from my anti virus blocking my networking after I installed a wireless card.  The svc host was being blocked, once I allowed that I had no more problems.  
I am having an issue with homegroup networking and it's being blocked by my firewall on my anti virus!  I contacted them again just a few mintues ago to see which program I need to allow.

PapaJohnAR
DavorJ
Found this helpful 1
DavorJ replied on

Same problem here...

Is there a common solution to this?

In my case, as far as I recall, it showed up since I reset the router. Now the yellow star stays, although I am connected. Tried rebooting, disconnecting, disabling, etc… to no avail.  I have only one wireless connection.

Hope it’s clear like this. I cannot upload a picture here…

thejman82
Found this helpful 2
thejman82 replied on

Hi,

The wireless network icon used to show the yello star when wirless networks were available but not connected to.

Since last few days it shows the yellow star even if the network is connected and tool tip show  connectivity.

I'm also having the exact same problem.  I'm only using the wireless manager from Windows 7 and I am connected to my wireless access point but the icon is showing still as disconnected (grey bars with a yellow star).

This issue also happened to me a few days ago but I was able to fix it by going into the device manager,  checking 'show hidden devices' and then go into the list of 'Non-Plug & Play drivers' and stopping the 'Virtual WiFi Filter Driver'.  Although when I clicked stop it was unable to stop but after a restart everything seemed to be resolved.  

Now after installing Comodo Internet Security this issue is happening again.  I tried to resolve it as I did before but it's not working.   So I'm not sure what or where this issues is coming from.   I know it might have been triggered by the installation of Comodo but when the issue occurred previously I hadn't just installed Comodo.  So the root of the issue is elsewhere.   I have tried to search the internet for info on this matter but not too many people seem to know what's going on with it.   I have updated everything through Windows Update.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the drivers and/or services of the wireless card but after re-installing the card the issue persists.

PC SPECS:

HP Pavilion Dv6-3077ca
Windows 7 Home Premium
Broadcom 43224AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter

DanielKirpes
Found this helpful 0
DanielKirpes replied on

ya im having the same problem and my connection keeps dropping out about every 5 minutes since it started. it seemed to happen when i lost connection and used troubleshooter and told me to reset connection. I re-set it and it came on and connected but left the star icon. im just using the defaults for everything and haven't installed any new software besides window updates for months.

need to fix it cause being an avid online gamer losing connection every 5 min doesn't work well :(
DavorJ
Found this helpful 0
DavorJ replied on

I am also experiencing lockups. Sometimes when my connection drops, the wireless connection stays on "connecting" and I can not cancel it. I wonder whether this could be a driver incompatibility with some windows update. I am using http://www.tp-link.com/products/productDetails.asp?class=wlan&pmodel=TL%2DWN822N and the driver is already more than a year old.

Previous Previous Page of 3 Next Next