79manila
Had this question 315
Question
  • This thread is locked from future replies
79manila asked on

[using Firefox and Facebook] what is this...check6only.facebook.comajax/v6.php?v=check6only&pingonly=false...... i keep getting it when im trying to log into facebook thanks

Original title: "what is this...check6only.facebook.comajax/v6.php?v=check6only&pingonly=false...... i keep getting it when im trying to log into facebook thanks"

hello, i keep getting this come up when i log into facebook.....check6only.facebook.comajax/v6.php?v=check6only&pingonly=false. i can get on the internet ect its just fb.

many thanks

davequesada
Found this helpful 96
Answer
davequesada replied on
i got the problem too with firefox and i fixed it by restarting it.
firefox > help > restart w/ add ons disabled > check all boxes and restart
Joe-C.
Found this helpful 14
Answer
Joe-C. replied on
Microsoft

Hello,

Edit: If you are using Firefox, some users have reported that removing the Babylon extension has resolved the problem for them (See: Disable or remove Add-ons).
If you don't have this extension or it doesn't work for you, see below.

If you are using FireFox go ahead and reset FireFox back to its default settings (*Note* be sure to read the warning first on the page).  If you are experiencing this in Chrome post this on the Google Chrome Forum, if you are experiencing this in Internet Explorer please post your question here and then select the version of Internet Explorer you are using.

With that being said I am now going to lock this thread as there is enough information in this thread to point you in the right direction.

Thanks

Waseemulla Shariff
Found this helpful 38
Waseemulla Shariff replied on

Hi,

1.       Are you using internet Explorer Browser to access Facebook? If yes, which version?

2.       Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

Refer the following article if you are using Internet Explorer Browser.

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Cannot access some websites in Internet Explorer:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967897

Since it happens only with Facebook, it will be a good idea to contact Facebook for further help.

Here is the link: www.facebook.com/help

BillFill
Found this helpful 18
BillFill replied on
Microsoft Forum Moderator

Hi 79manila,

That sounds frustrating. The error message you are getting looks very similar to the one in this thread.   Do you happen to be using Firefox?  If so I would look at how they fixed it.

Hope this helps.   Let us know how it goes.

BillFill

Ginger-Jesus
Found this helpful 12
Ginger-Jesus replied on

Hey,
Yeah I use firefox and I have just occured the same problem,
it's weird because it worked fine yesterday, and i've scanned for viruses etc, and there is nothing...
So any help you can offer would be great!
Thanks,
Chris.
davequesada
Found this helpful 96
Answer
davequesada replied on
BillFill
Found this helpful 11
BillFill replied on

Great - glad to hear that helped!
omar alwaheidi
Found this helpful 5
omar alwaheidi replied on
what is this...check6only.facebook.comajax/v6.php?v=check6only&pingonly=false...... i keep getting it when im trying to log into facebook thanks

hello, i keep getting this come up when i log into facebook.....check6only.facebook.comajax/v6.php?v=check6only&pingonly=false. i can get on the internet ect its just fb.

BillFill
Found this helpful 3
BillFill replied on

Hi Omar,

Sorry to hear you are still having the problem. The error message you are getting looks very similar to the one in this thread.   There are some solutions to the issue above as well.   Can you clarify if you are running into this issue in Firefox or Internet Explorer?

Hope one of these solutions  helps.   Let us know how it goes.

BillFill

SammyBee
Found this helpful 4
SammyBee replied on
what is this...check6only.facebook.comajax/v6.php?v=check6only&pingonly=false...... i keep getting it when im trying to log into facebook thanks [using Firefox and Facebook]
Trishmit73
Found this helpful 3
Trishmit73 replied on

How do I do this? not sure how
LolljawheerVikash
Found this helpful 5
LolljawheerVikash replied on

Original title: "what is this...check6only.facebook.comajax/v6.php?v=check6only&pingonly=false...... i keep getting it when im trying to log into facebook thanks"

many thanks

Previous Previous Page of 3 Next Next