Network HP Printer shows on network map but offline on printers list.

On one of my networked computers, HP "Solutions Center" driver says HP 6310xi printer is connected, shows detail status & will print their diagnostic report direct to printer.  Windows 7 shows printer on network map, & gives detail status & setup info from printer internal data via IE through printer's IP address page (192.168.1.100).  However, Win 7 printer control panel shows printer as "offline" on printers list & just ques up print requests.  Troubleshooting gives error message "turn power on printer".  Other network printers print OK.  Bad computer is on a separate subnet of my home network, with a LinkSys wireless bridge WET610n connection.  My network is totally LinkSys N.  Why does Win 7 allow basic network connection to the printer but not recognize it as an online printer?....CTH 
Answer
Answer

The printer may have reset itself and changed its IP address in the process [which happened to me]. To fix this go to the Network & Sharing Center --> Full Map and click on your printer. This will tell you what your printer's current IP address is [the number that should be something like 192.168.1.xxx]. Next, go to Devices & Printers --> Printer Properties --> Ports --> Standard TCP/IP Port for your printer --> Configure Port. You then want to change the IP address where it says 'Printer name or IP address' to the new IP address that you found. 

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 21, 2020 Views 30,484 Applies to: