How to install Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

"Dummy me... In Device Manager I uninstalled the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface. I need to know how to reinstall this interface. I've seen other postings on the web on how to configure it, but all those assume the interace is still visible in Device Manager.

So where do I find procedure to install this?

I'm on Windows 7"

I looked under hidden devices and it did not show up.
Answer
Answer

Hi PhilChemist,

Try the below step and check if it helps.

Method 1

a)    Click "Start", type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in Search Bar and press Enter.
Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

b)    Right click the "Peer Networking Grouping" service and choose Properties. Please check if the service is started; if not, please click the Start button and see if it works.

c)     You may also choose Automatic next to Startup type.

d)    Click OK.

Please repeat the above steps with another service: PNRP Machine Name Publication Service.

Method 2

Modify IPv6 registry key to enable IPV6.

Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry refer the below link.

Back up the registry

a)    Click Start, type regedit in Search Bar, and then click regedit in the Programs list.

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.

b)    Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TCPIP6\Parameters

c)     Check whether the "DisabledComponents" registry key exists. If so, let's move on the next steps.

d)    Double click the "DisabledComponents" registry key and modify the value to 0.

(If the key doesn't exist, please create the key above and assign the value 0)

e)    Exit Registry Editor and then restart the computer.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2021 Views 2,576 Applies to: