Wireless devise disconnects every time computer goes into sleep mode. Have to disconnect and reconnect devise to go.

wireless printer also goes into offline status and the driver has to be reinstalled to get it to print.
Answer
Answer

Hi Jim Micro,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forums.

• When was the last time it was working?
• Do you remember making any changes to the computer recently?
• Does this only happen with the printer?

Windows might be turning off your network adapter to save power. You can try turning off the power-saving option in the network adapter's properties.

1. Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type adapter, and then, under Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.
2. Right-click the connection and then click Properties. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Click the Networking tab, and then click Configure.
4. Click the Power Management tab, clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box, and then click OK.

Refer the link for more information
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Why-am-I-being-disconnected-from-my-network

If the above step fails I would suggest that you visit the device manufacturer website and install the latest drivers and check if it works.

Halima S    - Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 13, 2022 Views 25,994 Applies to: