Windows cannot connect to the printer error code 0x000000c1 and error code 0x00000214

I have windows 7 64 bit ultimate edition, with network printers HP Laserjet 2055dn, HP Laserjet MFP mf1212nf, toshiba estudio 206, and hp color laser jet HP1215, whenever i try to install printers, it says, "windows cannot connect to the printer" and gives error code something like "0x000000c1" and "0x00000214". I have downloaded and installed KB981070 but of no use. I have Service Pack 1 installed. I have shared printers which are installed directly to different computers.

Any remedy pleaese?
Answer
Answer

Hi,

I would suggest you to change the port and check. Perform the steps listed below to install this printer.

a) Click “Start”, click “Control Panel” and double click “Devices and Printers”.

b) Click “Add a Printer”.

c) Select "Add a local printer".

d) Select "Create a new port". Choose "Local Port" as the type of the port.

e) In the box "Enter a port name", type the address as the following format.

\\[IP address of the host computer]\ [The Share Name of the printer]

Then click “Next”.

f) Choose the correct driver in the driver list. If there is no drivers available, click the button “Windows Update”, wait for the process finishes and then look for the driver again.

g) Finish the installation.

Reference:-

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itpronetworking/thread/f33cc68b-8205-4596-aa01-df46b33d2cca

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 25, 2024 Views 13,830 Applies to: