Windows 7 'Generic non-pnp monitor'

I installed the windows 7 nvidia drivers ( 190.62 ) and it works fine, except i cant change my resolution to 1680 x 1050 for my V7 R22W02 22inch LCD screen ! It shows up as 'Generic Non-PnP Monitor'. When i update the drivers it says that the Non-pnp drivers are up to date. The maximum i can choose is 1600x1200 wich makes it all squeezed. My monitor is plug'nplay ( !!!! ) and i cant run the drivers from the V7 website because they're 32bit.
Answer
Answer

I had this problem until I fixed it. 

Problem: My screen resolution changed suddenly, the display was ACER LCD Monitor .. , but it changed to Generic non-pnp monitor. 

Solution: What I did was to unplug the power supply wire that is plugged to the monitor when the PC was on.  Then I plugged it back to the monitor after a few seconds.  I was so happy that my screen resolution was all perfect again! Haha! Simple =)

I hope this works for anyone having this problem too.

87 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Some of my devices and applications are not working, what should I do?

A: If your internet connection is working in Windows 7, I suggest you try obtaining the drivers through Windows Update. Click Start > All Programs > Windows Update > Turn on Windows Update . A list of available updates will then be downloaded, you will have the option to view them, do so and check off the appropriate drivers or software patches you need and click Install. You can also check the manufacturer’s website for patches, updated drivers or to simply find out about Windows 7 support for the particular product.

Andre Da Costa http://adacosta.spaces.live.com http://www.activewin.com
Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 16, 2023 Views 116,805 Applies to: