Windows 7 64 bit USB compliant driver for Tascam US 2400

I record music via Cubase 5 and recently upgraded to Windows7 64 bit.   My controller is a Tascam US 2400 USB.  Since the upgrade the Tascam  2400 USB controller doesn't function. I contacted Tascam and they said the issue is with the Windows 7 64 bit USB compliant driver.   I need to get that new USB compliant driver.  When will it be released?   I am current with the Window 7 64 bit updates. Thanks

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

thanks Mark for the info.  What I did was to buy another hard drive & install XP.  I didn't want to lose win 7 x64, so...... as soon as there's a work around with USB issue then I will just re-connect that drive & be up and running.  What did you have the co-worker try.... to get the Tascam 2400 to install and work correctly? Is he/she  using Cubase 5?  thanks, Jerry

Sorry for the delay in replying.

The person that tried it reported behavior consistent with what Steve posted above.

"The device is usable as a controller with FL Studio 9 and Sonar 8, but the slider banks mirror each other instead of operating independently."
Want to know if your current hardware & software will work with Windows 7? Check out these links: **Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor ** **Windows 7 Compatibility Center**

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The issue I listed above where the fader banks mirror each other and not work as 24 individual faders was also a problem I had in XP until I installed the "soft LCD".  When this was installed (in XP) it allowed each bank of 8 faders to be identified (1-8, 9-16, 17-24) and then they worked independently.  FYI.  But it is still not working like that in Vista, only three banks mirroring each other.  Thanks for the follow up. 

I have not purchased 7....yet.

Steve

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Tascam US-2400 works fine under windows 7 both 32 and 64 bit. Im typing from my 64 bit desktop right now and I just closed down Pro-Tools 8 with my M-box2 and everything worked well. You do have to open pro-tools as administrator though for the HUI controls to function properly (but what's new?). The driver is the generic windows USB driver and it actually recognize the US 2400 BY NAME, which i thought was pretty dope.

I actually ran across this post trying to figure out how to work FL 9 with the us 2400. had the same issue in XP to get all 3 banks to work individually instead of the 2nd and 3rd to mirror the first, but thats unrelated to this post.

I know this opened in November and it's now January but for future reference, the Tascam us 2400 DOES indeed works just fine in windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit. Don't know about vista but since the drivers are essentially the same, i would image that it would work under Vista as well.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Tascam US-2400 works fine under windows 7 both 32 and 64 bit. Im typing from my 64 bit desktop right now and I just closed down Pro-Tools 8 with my M-box2 and everything worked well. You do have to open pro-tools as administrator though for the HUI controls to function properly (but what's new?). The driver is the generic windows USB driver and it actually recognize the US 2400 BY NAME, which i thought was pretty dope.

I actually ran across this post trying to figure out how to work FL 9 with the us 2400. had the same issue in XP to get all 3 banks to work individually instead of the 2nd and 3rd to mirror the first, but thats unrelated to this post.

I know this opened in November and it's now January but for future reference, the Tascam us 2400 DOES indeed works just fine in windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit. Don't know about vista but since the drivers are essentially the same, i would image that it would work under Vista as well.

hey i just purchased a tascam us-2400 and i have windows 7 ultimate... does any one know how to install it i do see that pro tools recognize it but dont know how to set it up can any one help me...you can e mail me also at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, just plug it in. It should recognize it, first it'll appear as USB AUDIO or something like that. After it installs, you'll actually see US-2400 on your device list. 

After that - to configure it in pro-tools this link, http://www.tascam.de/en/docs/us2400_ProTools.pdf is all you need. 
Happy mixing

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi old thread i know, but has anyone get the Tascam US 2400 running well with Windows 7 64 and Cubase 7? Im looking to buy one quite cheap and would love to know if it works or not..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

On this topic Tascam is **** big time. Why would it be the responsability of Microsoft to design an OS that complies with Tascam's device(s)??? Tascam fall in deep **** profit corporate mentality trap OF NOT SUPPORTING THEIR CUSTOMERS, IN ORDER TO MAKE MORE MONEY, which $$ will eventually fall in shareholder's and CEO's pocket. This is very bad business decision and they are not alone to fall in the same trap.

Everytime I find a company which don't support their customers, I stop to buy from them right away. That's the power of your hard earned money. I don't agree with that corporate stingy attitude at all. Unfortunately, a good idea and good product (US-2400) has become a dinosaure which will haunt the techno junk yard.

Shame on you Tascam.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

On this topic Tascam is **** big time. Why would it be the responsability of Microsoft to design an OS that complies with Tascam's device(s)??? Tascam fall in deep **** profit corporate mentality trap OF NOT SUPPORTING THEIR CUSTOMERS, IN ORDER TO MAKE MORE MONEY, which $$ will eventually fall in shareholder's and CEO's pocket. This is very bad business decision and they are not alone to fall in the same trap.

Everytime I find a company which don't support their customers, I stop to buy from them right away. That's the power of your hard earned money. I don't agree with that corporate stingy attitude at all. Unfortunately, a good idea and good product (US-2400) has become a dinosaure which will haunt the techno junk yard.

Shame on you Tascam.

I tried to use the Tascam US-2400 on my Windows 7 professional 64 bit computer with Cubase 6.5 and Pro Tools 11 and it would not work. I'm being told that the US-2400 controller works with Windows 8 because 8 has a good OS class compliant driver and the last Tascam firmware update will work with Windows 8 .If 8 can work with this device  it's a bargain. Anybody using Cubase 8 and Pro Tools 11 successfully with Windows 8?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 18, 2024 Views 9,547 Applies to: