Screen Tearing in Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9.

I have been experiencing a strange type of screen tearI have been  or warping of text in windows 7 while using windows aero for my Windows Theme.  Also, when I upgraded to internet explorer 9 the same thing began to happen.  I have saved pictures of what my screen looks like when this is happening and I dont know what to do to fix it.  I have sent my video card back to the manufacturer and they said they repaired it but the same thing kept happening.  The Drivers are up to date and I have even tried reverting back to older drivers and nothing has really helped.  Hopefully i can get this fixed and NOT have to buy new hardware.  I'd sure appreciate some help because I haven't found anything on this subject.  Thank you  I dont know how to post the pictures, if someon can explain that to me so that I can show examples of what I am looking at.
Answer
Answer

Hi Profesh

The effect being worse with the Aero effects would be expected, since Aero requires a much larger amount of graphic resources. I doubt that the internal shielding is a problem since the effect disappears when you use the integrated chipset.

It sounds like the core problem is the graphics card.

The only thing I can recommend, If the card is still under warranty, is to contact Asus and demand an RMA replacement.

Let us know the results.

Regards

MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 1, 2019 Views 1,760 Applies to: