Newly installed Windows 7; battery won't charge

I just installed Windows 7 professional on my acer aspire 5535, and my battery won't charge. it says it's plugged in not charging.  I rebooted, and unplugged it and plugged it back in. No change.

Thanks!
Answer
Answer

Some steps to confirm whether or not the issue is your battery…

There are a few simple things you can do to see if the problem is with your battery, your charger, or the connection (power port) on your motherboard.

1.     You’ll want to first remove the battery from your laptop.

2.     Then verify the wall outlet you are using is fully functional with another electronic device.

3.     Then connect your power cable to the charger, sometimes referred to as the brick, while inspecting the cable for any damage or exposed wires.

4.     Then connect the charger to your laptop’s power port.

5.     Power the computer on when using strictly AC power.

6.     If your computer is working as intended then your battery is most likely headed for “battery heaven” and will need to be replaced.

If your computer does not work then there may be an issue with the charger or the power port on your computer. You will want to double-check all connections, and the power source (wall outlet) you are using. If the problem persists this may be a sign of a faulty charger or the computers power port.

You will also want to check the port on the computer, were your power cable plugs-in, ensuring that the power pin is not bent or damaged. If the issue appears to be with the cable you will need to obtain another cable for testing purposes. If the issue appears to be with the power port you will want to contact your computer manufacture for further assistance.

Also, do you have a second battery to test in the laptop? If you do try the other batter and see if the problem still exists.

Have Questions About Installing Windows 7?
FAQ - Common Windows 7 Installation Questions & Answers
MCC 2011

TrekDozer

Sharing bits of knowledge.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 18, 2020 Views 3,441 Applies to: