Issue with the Rock Candy Controller Drivers.

I recently bough a rock candy 360 controller and am having difficulties getting it to work. I've installed the Microsoft xbox 360 accessories. My computer recognises the controller but says that i need to install a driver for it, this is where i'm stuck, when it searches for it automatically i still get nothing and i'm not sure how to manually install them, please help
Answer
Answer

Hello Alec,

You may try to uninstall and reinstall and reinstall the Microsoft Common Controller and see if that helps.

To uninstall a device :            

1. Open Device Manager.

2. Double-click the type of device that you want to uninstall.

3. Right-click the specific device you want, and then click Uninstall. You can also double-click the device, and then on the Driver tab, click Uninstall.

4. In the Confirm Device Removal page, select Delete the driver software for this device if you also want to remove the device driver package from the driver store. .

The Delete the driver software for this device option removes the package from the driver store.

5. Click OK to complete the uninstall process.

6. When the uninstall process is complete, unplug the device from the computer.

7. If you are prompted to restart the computer, the removal is not completed and the device might continue to function until the computer is restarted.

8. Plug in the device and then restart the computer. The device will be detected and reinstalled after Windows restarts. Follow any instructions on-screen to complete installation.

Hope this helps. Otherwise, feel free to write us back for further assistance and we will be glad to help you ahead.

Thank you

54 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 4, 2023 Views 103,924 Applies to: