Intel GMA 900 in Windows 7

The Intel GMA 900 is a fairly old and low-end integrated graphics chipset. Intel has stated that it does not meet the requirements for Aero Glass, and thus have refused to released WDDM drivers for it. However, when pre-release versions of Vista allowed XP drivers to run Aero Glass, the GMA 900 ran Aero perfectly fine.

My question is this: will the RTM version of Windows 7 allow the GMA 900 to run Aero Glass? This is an incredibly important question to me because it is the chipset my laptop uses, and it would be entirely pointless to run Windows 7 without Aero (someone might argue otherwise, but a large number of new features are interface-based and require Aero Glass). Windows 7 is supposed to be optimized for netbooks but it would be completely pointless to put it on a netbook if half the major features are missing.
Answer
Answer
Just remember, Windows 7 is still in testing phase, and the answer is (they are working on it).

But, Windows update is always updating something (I have 10+ updates a day). They're getting around to it.

My recommendation is to wait until a definite answer is found.

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 1, 2024 Views 69,720 Applies to: